Saturday, November 26, 2011

Part II- AWA, Halloween, and a November Meetup!


Hello Lovelies! I hope that everyone had a nice Thanksgiving for those that celebrated it! I’m finally getting around to writing Part II! I still have to catch you up on how AWA, Halloween, and how our November Meetup went! 

Anime Weekend Atlanta (AWA) is a three day convention that takes place in Atlanta, Georgia every year towards the middle or end of September. I’ve been going to AWA for about 5 or 6 years now! This year was really special to me because it marked my first year as a Lolita! I still can’t believe that one year ago at that time, I was nervously putting on my first Lolita outfit to go and meet the Atl Lolitas! Here is what I wore last AWA!  


I’m proud of the progress that I have made but I know that I definitely still have a long way to go! I’m just enjoying the journey right now!


This year was also special because this was the first time that I was able to go to AWA all three days!  Greg, Greg’s girlfriend Jillian, Faust, Kim Joon, and I got a hotel across the street from the main convention area.  On Friday, we wandered around the convention looking for friends and panels to go to. I didn’t take any pictures for some reason but I found this one! Pedobear wanted a hug.

On Saturday, we hung out with the Atl Lolitas, attended a few panels, and went to the rave that night. I had so much fun that night! Here are a few pictures!





On Sunday we packed up to go home. We spent a little bit of time in the dealer’s room and visited Frill Boutique! Frill featured some of Megan Maude’s (http://www.meganmaude.com) and The Snow Field’s (http://snowfield.etsy.com/) awesome handmade clothing. If you’re looking for quality products, these are the people to check out! I took a few pictures with friends in front of the store before we had to head back to our dorm.
Jennifer and Halston looked so cute!
Moving on to Halloween!
I actually had plans this year! Whipcreambunn threw a party and invited us to it! We had a lot of fun getting ready!


 
Chris helping Greg tie a tie




It started out as a small get together but as it got later, more people started showing up! We were the first people to arrive so we helped set up and put together this awesome air swimmer thing. It is remote controlled and had a habit of sinking and attacking me every once in a while. We had a small photo shoot and played blackjack with Kim Joon as our dealer. We had to leave early but it was still tons of fun! Here are some pictures! I’m terrible at posing!
Our host and hostess





Last but not least, I have to tell you guys about our November Corn Maze meetup! The Atl Lolitas met up in downtown Marietta at Marietta Square for lunch and pictures! We ate at the amazing Marietta Pizza Company and took a few pictures afterward. 


 



If you notice, I’m not wearing a coat. I COMPLETELY forgot to grab my coat before leaving our dorm. It was going to get VERY cold that night and I was unprepared.
When we finally got done taking pictures, we headed up to the corn maze in north Georgia. It was about two hours away so we had a very fun car ride with whipcreambunn and her boyfriend, Eric. Eric taught her how to drive with a stick shift in a parking lot halfway there. That was an experience!  When we finally got to the Corn Maze, it was completely dark and freezing. I decided to dig through Eric’s trunk to see if I could find SOMETHING to use as a coat. Lo and behold, I found a nice and thick coat! I wasn’t cold for the rest of the night! I’m also really glad that some people were smart enough to bring flash lights! We went on a quick hayride and then headed into the maze!  




Though part of the fun of being in a corn maze is getting lost, several of the guys decided to use the map to get us through the maze and to find all the checkpoints. Some stupid guy that wasn’t in our group kept popping out of the corn to scare us and almost got a really heavy flashlight to his face.  
A few hours later we all finished at decided to head home. It was about 9PM and we had a two hour drive back to Atlanta and class the next day!
Well this concludes Part II of what I’ve been up to! I have a project in mind for this blog that I want to work on over my winter break! Let’s just say that it involves furries. Yes, furries. The ones that everyone seems to dislike. Stay tuned for more information!

1 comment:

  1. I was a witch through and thorough that Halloween wasn't I? LOL
    I will miss your cute ruffley butt when you move ;-;
    Promise me you'll keep in touch with me!! ��

    ReplyDelete