Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy (Very Late) New Year!


Hello everyone! I hope that you enjoyed all the festivities and holidays in the last month! I know that I sure did! I wrote this post last week and completely forgot to post it! I apologize for the lack of personal pictures in this long post! I don't own any of these pictures this time!

The Aderhold building is on the right!
I'm writing to you all from the balcony of one of my classroom buildings while I wait for Kim Joon to get out of class. The weather is nice and mild with a little breeze and there is so much traffic below me! I didn't take that picture by the way! I thought that I would seize this perfect moment to write a post! The last post that I made was in November! I was really hoping to make a post in December but between working and doing everything that needed to be done during my break, I just wasn't able to find the time. I'm planning on changing that in the new year! I've decided that I'll probably only be able to post once a month from now on. Hopefully I'll be able to keep that up and bring some exciting content to my blog. Last year was really just a test run for me! 

Since it is a new year, I've decided to make a few simple resolutions for my blog and for my personal life. I'll share some with all of you!
Resolutions for my blog:
  1. Post at least once a month
  2. Hold a give away sometime this year
  3. Find more followers 
  4. Start investigating subcultures as I originally promised. 
I'll probably end up adding more to this list later. I decided to do something different with my personal resolutions this year. I usually make the  usual "lose weight" resolution but I never keep it! I needed to do something different this year!
Personal Resolutions:
  1. Take my vitamins! -I always forget to do this and then I wonder why I get sick all the time!
  2. Stretch twice a day- I've been having problems with a pain in the back of my knee lately but I found that stretching really helps it! Stretching over all is good for you!
  3. Drink more water and less soda- I've been on a soda kick lately for some reason. My mom never gave me soda as a kid and I didn't drink it until this year. That needs to stop!
  4. Give myself a break in school- I have trouble with this. I always want to try to get ahead but that's starting to take a toll on me. I'm only taking 4 classes this semester (5 with my lab class) so that I can slow down and graduate in 2014. This will probably give me more time to study and be less stressed.
  5. Do outside research for anthropology!- I'm really sad that I wasn't able to fit an anthro class in my schedule this semester. I need to do some outside research to start getting some more career ideas together and to just learn more concepts in general.
  6. Get my GPA up- I really want to do an honors thesis in the fall or next spring and there is no way that I can do that with my current GPA. That needs to change!
That's about all the resolutions that I have for this year! I would love to hear some of yours!

I mentioned in my last post that I wanted to start a project and that it dealt with furries! There has been an influx of furry hatred in the lolita community in the past few weeks which prompted me to figure out a way to maybe impart some knowledge about the furry community from an outside perspective.
I also wanted to do this for a few other communities that people may not know very much about. I'm a very open and accepting person so I would love to learn more about others. I would also love to get some input from my followers. What is a community/fandom/subculture that you have always wanted to learn about but were too scared or even grossed out to research?

I've already gotten a request to research about this new love for My Little Pony phenomenon that is sweeping the nation. I also wanted to add Homestuck, bandoms, gyaru, fairy kei, Otaku subcultures (such as Hetalia and Yaoi) and a few others to the list. I know of these communities but only general knowledge. If you or a friend belong to an interesting community, let me know! I would love to interview you! I'm going to need your help and input as a reader to keep this project up. I want to try to profile a subculture every month if possible starting with February!