Saturday, August 6, 2011

An Introduction!

Hello everyone!
My name is Kyla and this is my first "real" blog! As you might have read in the "About Me section", I am a college student just trying to get by in life and make something of myself. I’m studying Cultural Anthropology and minoring in Spanish at a university in Atlanta, Georgia (strange things happen in the city of Atlanta . . . especially when you go to school there!). I also happen to be a Lolita! That’s Lolita as in the Japanese fashion, which doesn’t have any connection to the novel by Vladimir Nabokov! I’ll explain more about it in another post.  I created this blog to document my very boring college life but to also motivate me to write a bit more, to explore the city more and meet the people that surround me every day. I decided to make this on a whim that I had a few nights ago so hopefully success graces my blog!
I have several topics that I want to cover in this blog (hopefully, more will come as I write). One of these topics will focus on myself as a Lolita and just how much Lolita fashion has influenced much of my life in this past year. Its changed the way I see the world and also made me explore some of the misconceptions about the fashion. I'll also do a few product reviews occasionally and will try to cover some things that beginner Lolitas might want/need to know.
I’ve always enjoyed learning about how other people live life, but now I want to go further than that. I want to experience a day in a members life or at least see how they are impacted by each of the subcultures that they belong to. So another thing that my blog will be going over is about different subcultures and youth subcultures that I find interesting. Most of these subcultures will appear “geeky or “nerdy” but not all of them will be. I'd love to take suggestions from my readers about which subcultures they would like to learn about. There is always the nifty Google site to learn about the Furry fandom or Lolita fashion, but if you want a good unbiased answer (or unbiased as possible) then why use the Internet when you could go to an actual Furry or Lolita? There are so many misconceptions and stereotypes about people that need to be broken down and I'm willing to put forth the effort just to do that.
I hope that you will stick with me as I write this blog. If you have any suggestions about what you would like to see or what I could do to improve this blog please feel free to let me know! I’m so excited to start this blog and to see where you all take me!
<3 Thanks for reading! <3

2 comments:

  1. I am excited for your blog, too! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY Kyla, I am excited you finally make a blog!! >_<)b
    *follow*

    ReplyDelete